(and b'sides, it's not like anyone who reads this actually celebrates Eid anyway, AFAIK)
Wo0t! Very happy day yesterday! Mostly as a consequence of a series, one might say, of fortunate events:
1. Payday! Money! Always rox0rz.
2. Got that dang-blasted calc midterm back. Prof was extremely generous with the part marks on questions where I had no clue what I was doing and was able to write maybe one line. So I got 20/50 (better than I'd dared hope for). Which nevertheless beat the class average. By two marks. But I'm still going to attend the makeup exam that she scheduled for next week :-P
3. 3 assignments handed in on time, yes! Ok, so that's not such a big deal. But it still feels really good when I manage to hand things in on time, rather than after the due date (the type of shenanigan that has been known to dog much of my academic career). And three the same day (noting that I had only started one of them before yesterday)...
4. And we managed to finish Peter's Object Persistance Framework and hand THAT in on time, as well! Even though his two partners (with whom he was supposed to be working) were total deadbeats and didn't even bother to show up, let alone have their parts done (please note: I'm not even in that class; I was just helping out of the goodness of my heart). So actually, more like 4 assignments done and handed in on time yesterday. But aack. Brain hurty! That project was a struggle for most people in the class, let alone someone who had no clue really what he was doing.
5. Early Christmas present from my dad! Looks like I'll be swinging by the UAE for Christmas after all. (It was planned at one point, but I had to drop the idea due to lack of funds, however my dad as of yesterday kicked in the missing portion as a Christmas present, and I'm going after all... in 33 days. The countdown starts NOW!)
|Edit to add:|
6. Yay scholarships! I knew all those 4.whatever GPAs hadda be good for something...
Best Friends Forever...