Sigh. Turns out that Twitter's search functionality is a little flaky, and directing y'all to a Twitter search results page that ostensibly compiles all my tweets that use the #bikebikebike hashtag... well, doesn't work as well has I'd hoped. Plus it may be useful at some point in the future to have all such content consolidated onto a single page somewhere.
Here is that page, in which I recount how I rang in the spring of 2013* by doing a speed run on my bike, from Calgary to Kelowna in 3 days:
(As reposted from Twitter.)
- Only 1.5 more sleeps until #bikebikebike! So excited! AND got home to discover my new shirt arrived just in time!
- Feeling kind of crappy and stomachachey today. REALLY hoping that's just butterflies and I'm not actually getting sick.
- Fri. 02:45 Leaving home in Calgary. [T+0, D+0]
- Fri. 07:45 Sun rising on the front ranges of the Rockies. [T+5, D+83]
- Fri. 09:10 Breakfast in Canmore. [T+6:25, D+112] This headwind royally sucks: can't make any good time.
- Fri. 11:20 Gorgeous day at Banff NP East Gate [T+6:40, D+116] Suddenly, all is right with the world!
- Fri. 12:55 The blue, blue Bow near Castle Junction [T+8:15, D+149]
- Fri. 15:55 A late lunch in Lake Louise [T+11:15, D+193]
- Fri. 17:45 Over the top at the Kicking Horse! [T+12, D+203]
- Fri. 17:45 A muddy bike at the Great Divide. [T+12, D+203]
- Fri. 21:50 The town of Golden twinkles aurically in the BC night. [T+16:05, D+275] omg SO TIRED
- And thus concludes the Really Long Day (TM). Now I will sleep the sleep of the dead. Tomorrow: Revelstoke!
- Sat. 11:00 Yummy breakfast in Golden. [T+16:05, D+275]
- Sat. 12:35 Crossing the mighty Columbia at Donald. [T+17:15, D+301]
- Sat. 14:40 Up the valley. [T+19:20, D+322] Near Glacier NP East gate
- Sat. 14:45 (MDT) 13:45 (PDT) [T+19:25, D+324] Wait for it...
- Sat. 15:00 Mountain. [T+20:40, D+337] On the long slow uphill slog to the top.
- Sat. 16:05 The lodge at Rogers Pass is very closed. [T+21:50, D+356] So much for lunch today. #soHungry
- Sat. 17:05 DYNAMITAGE! [T+22:50, D+377]
- Sat. 19:30 Historic Downtown Revelstoke (welcome to) [T+25:10, D+423]
- And now, the perfect way to end a #bikebikebike day: a long, hot bath accompanied by a cup of coffee and Twitter.
- Protip: never let a hungry man into a place with an all-you-can-eat salad bar. #eatALLthePastaSalads!!
- Sun. 09:45 Leaving Revelstoke on yet another awesome day! [T+25:10, D+423]
- Sun. 11:55 SpikeSpikeSpike! [T+27:05, D+469] (*ahem* Last Spike in Craigellachie.)
- Sun. 13:50 Celebrating arrival in the Okanagan with a burger & brewski. [T+28:40, D+495] Sicamous.
- Sun. 14:40 Mara Lake at the top of the Okanagan Valley. [T+28:45, D+497]
- Sun. 15:30 TAILLL WINNND! :-D :-D [T+29:35, D+518]
- Sun. 17:25 Vernon. [T+31:30, D+558] 20 degrees through the OK today - so awesome.
- Sun. 21:10 Arrival in Kelowna. [T+34:15, D+611] Finis.
- And with that, I declare winter to be over for the season.
* (No, seriously. It was -7 when I left Calgary, and +22 by the time I arrived in Kelowna. That qualifies as a winter-ending event for me.)